As Sanders supporters leave the chaos of New York with heavy hearts, the end of the candidate’s longevity seems to be within grasping distance. Now, one could argue this has been a slow death. The populist took destructive hits on Super Tuesday, and powered on through several more devastating losses. His success in caucuses, while morale building, has proven ineffective in the arena of delegates. Continue reading Your Bernie Sanders Meme Is Wrong
We are currently living in the midst of a historic election. The anger and general dissatisfaction with the government is not a partisan disposition, but rather a feeling shared by those on both sides of the aisle. Millions of Americans … Continue reading A Revolution Against the Establishment
The problems of modern capitalist society are evident to any observer regardless of political leanings. Economic crises punctuate the dream-world of the bourgeoisie with a regularity only matched by the receding of the tides. Underneath this superficial crisis lies a more hidden permanent crises, an interdependent matrix consisting of soaring relative inequality, increasing unemployment, environmental degradation… Continue reading A Case for Socialism in 2016
Last Wednesday, the Illinois Campaign for Political Reform introduced the Illinois Voter Project, an endeavor designed to aggregate non-partisan election data to analyze voting trends in the state. The data takes in account the Illinois population, the number of active … Continue reading Illinois Voter Project’s Compelling Numbers
Last Saturday, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton dominated the presidential primary in South Carolina with almost 74 percent of the vote, leaving Sen. Bernie Sanders with just 26 percent. These results were far off from what pre-primary polls, which … Continue reading A Look Into Sanders’ South Carolina Failure
Our Political Essay was on the ground today covering Chicago’s ‘#MarchForBernie2.’ For a write-up, head on over here. This post is our follow-up coverage with extended … Continue reading Chicago’s Sanders March (Photos)
This afternoon, Feb. 27, several thousand protesters took to the streets in downtown Chicago for the ‘#MarchForBernie2.’ The march began with a rally at Daley Plaza and eventually moved onward through the city, across the river, and onto Magnificent Mile. … Continue reading Chicago’s March For Bernie
When news hit last month that the Human Rights Campaign backed Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential election campaign, I was more than a little shocked. After all, Bernie Sanders has been on record for supporting LGBT rights for forty years, while … Continue reading HRC Backs HRC… Why?